One moe about worktop cutting....

I'm about to cut some bolt slots into a 40mm dep worktop, but how deep should they go? Half way? Just deep enough to catch the bolts? Two thirds?

I don't want to weaken the joint by over or undercutting, so any advice (again) thankfully accepted.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

I had to do exactly this just recently.

I measured the depth of the wings of the bolts and then arranged for the depth of cut to accomodate them such that the bolt itself ended up at half the depth of the worktop.

In other words, cut to half the depth of the worktop plus half the depth of the wings of the fitting.

I wouldn't rely on these for alignment though.

For that I used biscuits.

I then glued and clamped up using the bolts.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall
20 mm.
Reply to
John Woodhall

Bolts half way, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Those too. Had to buy a special cutter, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

For a 35mm worktop. There are 40mm worktops and from memory I think you might need to go deeper.

PoP

Reply to
PoP