One benefit of the building recession

is the price of Kwikstage scaffolding is dirt-cheap.

I am amazed at how cheaply I can assemble a kit of parts large enough to to do the entire front of my building. A couple of hundred quid, literally.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Damn, if only I had somewhere to store it...

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Any particular retailer with a good price?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Is that a couple of hundred to buy, or to hire?

Any chance of a link to where I can find details? [Yes, I *know* I can Google, but you've probably already got it to hand!]

Reply to
Roger Mills

You only have to store it if you take it down :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "David WE Roberts" saying something like:

Just dig around in your locality. This seller is a clearance house by the look of things.

Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Roger Mills" saying something like:

This one's in Cork, but I've no doubt there are plenty of others around near you.

Grimly Curmudgeon

Is it legal to install it yourself?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

What? Eh? What the f*ck are you on about?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We have H&S in the UK.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

only applies *if" you employ others....

Reply to
JimK

Nope. The H&S man has the powers of God. If he sees incorrectly erected scaffolding he can order it be removed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

Aye. I'd like to see a UK Effing Safty bloke tell me what to do.

FFS, do you think I'm likely to risk my own neck?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If he thinks you are,whether you think so or not, he can do what he likes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

gotta link so we can all revere?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

He'd get a scaffold pole rammed up his clipboard for his cheek.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

H&S can require removal of unsafe scaffolding which poses a risk to the public, such as a public pavement; or where erected as part of as business or trade; or where a neighbour has called the council and they have called H&S to advise on whether a structure poses a risk to neighbouring people, properties etc.

However if you choose to sit on your own roof by climbing up the bleedin soil pipe there is S.F.A. they can do about it. The police will probably try and persuade you down, but that aside, not much. Same reason we don't have H&S idiots running after mountaineers with a clipboard or after skiers in wales.

If you want scaffold, buy a decent mini-tower. BOSS do some good ones - portable, light, more rigid than the lightweight DIY stuff. Just use the braces (makes a big difference).

Alternatively hire for about =A365 per week. That isn't much, you can hire self-erecting units (like tilting triangles) and very tall steps (12-step type, handrail, diagonal floor braces).

Cheap scaffold sounds nice, but is a PITA to store and a decent quality aluminium tower can be much simpler (folding, self-erecting, bought or hired).

Reply to
js.b1

However if you choose to sit on your own roof by climbing up the bleedin soil pipe there is S.F.A. they can do about it. The police will probably try and persuade you down, but that aside, not much. Same reason we don't have H&S idiots running after mountaineers with a clipboard or after skiers in wales.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

thought not

Reply to