olivers???

The message from WM contains these words:

Are the paints miscible?

Reply to
Guy King

Apparently not...it seems that someone gave him a hammer which comprised a right handed head on a left handed handle. Spent 48 hours bashing his knees into a bloody pulp before he finally figured out the problem.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

ROFL

Reply to
Ophelia

Only with your eyes shut (which is probably preferable!)

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Don't be silly! Mixing it gives you pink paint. You have to *not* mix it - like marble cake.

Doing it really well, like a professional, is getting thin stripes with no (well not much) pink. Do post URLs of piccies of your striped walls. ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

Kate Dicey

On or around Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:04:34 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" enlightened us thusly:

depends how well you mix it.

wot I want to know, how do they get those toothpaste tubes to emit striped toothpaste?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cos they don't stir it up innit?

Reply to
Ophelia

No, you dopey bugger, you get pink, however if you use oil based white and acrylic based red, then you get the striped paint.

Reply to
Tom

Very carefully..

Reply to
Tom

'fluence.

There are teams of trained swamis in trances beneath the production line. Half of them think red, and half of them think white. When the tubes pass through the overlapping khamic fields, interference patterns (c.f. newton's fringes) get trapped in the paste.

Obvious, really.

Reply to
robertharvey

The message from Austin Shackles contains these words:

Demons.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Kate Dicey contains these words:

loaded as stripes and since there's no stirring, it comes out as stripes. I've even seen "seconds" with squidged up stripes.

Reply to
Guy King

Nah ... it's seasonal workers! During the summer they work in 'rock' factories churning out 'Blackpool'; 'Brighton"; 'Skegness' etc; come Autumn they are redeployed at the toothpaste factories. You know it makes sense.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

The message from snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com contains these words:

All the pictures I've seen of Newton show him without a fringe.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Brian Sharrock writes

Chap goes to a rock factory in Great Yarmouth and asks for a job.

"Have you got any experience?" "Yes, I used to do Blackpool rock. I can do seven miles a day." "Seven miles a day! Blimey! Tell you what, pop back in the afternoon."

The prospective employer thinks that seven miles a day is a bit exaggerated so calls the Blackpool manufacturer.

"Is it true what Bloggs says, he can do seven miles of rock a day?" "Oh yes, he's a cracking worker. But we had to let him go, you know." "Why was that?" "We had a bit of a disagreement, and I tell you, you try selling seven miles of rock with 'Bollocks!' written through it!"

TTFN

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

The message from Peter Scales contains these words:

I reckon it'd sell OK.

Reply to
Guy King

Does Bognor sell rock?