NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

#800 ISTR

Reply to
mm0fmf

There still are. 4(L)R25X.

But I think the ones being remembered are the 918 (now 4(L)R25-2. They seems to have more rounded corners now (the old ones had a cardboard case).

Bob Eager

Note that's two PP9s, not bell batteries.

Reply to
Max Demian

The original penlight batteries often consisted of two cells in one paper sleeve, for the original pen light torches. If you just wanted one and the shop didn't have singles they would break the double one in half for you.

When they started the "high power" (zinc chloride) U12s they called them U7 rather than HP16 for some reason; later HP7.

Reply to
Max Demian

Yes, I should have trimmed more of the quoted paragraph. Still bloody big and heavy for a radio - as I found. But they did last ages. I had that radio for years and years.

Reply to
Bob Eager