OIl lamps and candles

I got caught in a power failure a few weeks back since then I have been messing about with canles and pork fat. It seems you can make a wick with a piece of wood about the thickness of match. Split it to allow the oil to rise up the gap.

I poured some fat in a tin of tuna as it is about the best size easily available. It works very well.

Anyone know how to strain the fat by any chance?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Allow it to cool off a good bit and pour it through a pair of tights (pantyhose).

Reply to
BigWallop

Sounds bit kinky. The next day I bought a torch and some proper candles. Well, one big fat one. I just noticed that it tends to grow cobwebs on the ceiling. So no more playing with fire for me.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil