Oil Boiler instal - Regs ?

I was thinking of installing an oil combi boiler, want to do what I can myself, (i.e. install rads / pipes / concrete base for tank / tank and oil feed line to boiler) but not sure what the specific regs for oil boiler installations are. Can anyone tell me what these are or where to find them please ? I have done several gas installations over the years with 100% success and even compliments from the guys who have inspected to sign off but never done an oil install, so not encountered these regs. Any recommendations for an oil combi, about 20 kW, hopefully wall-mounted, and source of reasonable cost item ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Look at OFTEC's website

Reply to
John Stumbles

Most (all?) oil boilers come with instalation instructions - Just follow these. AIUI less of an issue than gas. You need to be careful about siting the tank - particularly if above 2500 L

You can download installation instructions form the web for Worcester and Boulter Buderus boilers. See also

How are you going to get it inspected?

My guess is that local BCOs don't know much about oil boiler instalation as very few people install oil boilers as DIY projects.

Either buy on internet, or most plumbers merchants will supply at trade prices - maybe after a little persuasion.

Reply to
Michael Chare