Oh good - BCO #3

Emailed BCO #2 on my nearly at an end renovation (#1 retired a while back).

Bounced email.

Seems Rother DC have merged their BC into a shared effort with several other councils and my BCO doesn't work there any more.

Bollocks. So I have to explain everything again and hope that #3 is the same sort of friendly and helpful chap that #1 and #2 were.

I did ring them and they seemed nice enough (the office, not the specific inspector) and did speak to an office based BCO.

Seems they are happy to inspect my shower room with the bog and basin on the drains and not plumbed and the door missing (it's not an escape route). Will need the extract fan though.

So fingers crossed - that will be very soon indeed - just need to pop a couple of bits of extra insulation upstairs (3m2 of 25mm celotex over the 50mm), pop the bog and basin in and do the electrics just for the shower room.

Wish me luck - I might actually be near that bit of paper!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Sussex Building control has been operating like this for afew years, and all the surrounding planning authorities pay the cost.

Reply to
Andrew

I'm not sure if you know, or not, but you don't need to use your Local Authority's BCO. You can find, and use, your own.

Thanks - this is an existing job, so I'm fixed here.

However - what's the accreditation I need to look for to make sure a private one can sign off work?

Reply to
Tim Watts

on the Construction Industry Council register

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thank you :)

Do private BCOs really undertake trivial works ("like I changed a front door") sort of thing?

Reply to
Tim Watts

You could have Mr B from Hull to do the electrics:-)

Reply to
ARW