Offspring of the Microsoft Paperclip.

What about the manic AI bot they have been trialling in bing, which is great at insults. I notice we have not heard of their AI voice recently, I turned off the task and ran that and the news feed on Windows 10, Life is far more peaceful now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Seems to me that's just MSFT trying to make Bing look interesting.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I regularly, forcibly remove Edge browser, but it periodically returns.

Reply to
Smolley

I just don't like Bing. I don't like the name as I remember Bing Crosby and keep on wondering why its called after some old pipe smoking crooner from the last century, Then there seems to be a far less obvious logic to the results against Google etc. I really don't want a conversational AI interface for my searches. OK make it an option, but really why bother, as all it will do is magnify the errors that search engines give, often due to the way web sites are optimised to appear in any web search. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Edge gets updated by Windows update, Its the work of a few seconds to put back your default. Its useful to have different browsers for some web sites I don't like Edges interface, but its read aloud works well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff