Odd - lost Internet phone for a few hours

This is really just in response to Harry's phone loss.

We suddenly lost Internet access on Wednesday morning although the phone line was OK. Phoned Zen who performed various line checks and then phoned back.

Much faffing for the next 75 minutes including rebooting, trying to log on, relog on, log in to BT with no success. Zen, at their end, could see no activity from our router so promised to put a new one in the post immediately.

That was 11 o'clock, and we were resigned to no access for 48 hours when suddenly the connection sprang to life mid afternoon, and was rock solid until the new router arrived, Friday. New router immediately installed and old one kept 'just in case', but why access was lost for six hours on Wednesday is a mystery. Service is FTTC, with the cabinet against our garden wall.

Reply to
Graeme

Not that odd. There are outages of varying duration all the time all over the place. There were 18 faults logged on Zen Internet on Wednesday

Was it one of these by any chance ?

Its surprising that after 75 minutes Zen hadn't by then flagged it as a fault but then that might depend on how many potential users would be affected and how many of those would be online at the time.

michael adams

michael adams

In message <pv32ap$602$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, michael adams snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk> writes

Nothing obvious that I can see, although I agree it must have been something outside the home.

Reply to
Graeme