Obliterating orange paint

Got to paint a small toilets walls which are currently deep orange. Needless to say the client wants pale yellow as the new colour :-)
Any tips on obliterating the orange? Undercoat? Stain Stop? Angle grinder?
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I have recently had the same problem with a house I have been painting. I had orange, bright red, purple and ............wait for it..........black. Black ceilings, walls etc etc etc.
I tried all sorts but I went to B&Q and bought some (£19) 10 litre tubs of their new plaster paint and the coverage is excellent. It covered the black in just two coats. When it initially goes on it looks bad but wait for it to dry and it covers well. Then I covered it in a primrose yellow and it looks great. Its called B&Q trade new plaster paint. The trick to using it is (and it does say on the tub) dont over roller it. Apply give it a quick roller but dont keep going over it.
HTH Sam
Add pictures here
✖

Was there a cellar with "interesting" gymnastic equipment in ?
Yeah - mine had black ceilings and lime green walls (except where they hadn't bothered painting behind cabinets and wall units, that is)
a couple of coats of decent paint, problem neutralised
--
geoff

Add pictures here
✖
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Stain block is certainly pretty effective (better than undercoat) - whether there is anything else better I couldn't say.
David
Add pictures here
✖

You sure it's not congealed urine ?
You could always paint the walls white and see how much colour comes through from underneath
--
geoff

Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 21, 2:00 pm, "The Medway Handyman"

just paint as normal, at worst you might need one extra coat.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:43:31 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

And don't use Crown, which is absolute carp...
--
Frank Erskine

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:00:30 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Dulux trade matt white. Consistency of mayonnaise. I unwisely followed the advice of a friend of SWMBO who fancied herself as a decor guru[1] and painted our small downstairs WC a sort of dull deep blue. When done it looked like the bogs at a seedy 70s disco. A coat or three of the Dulux and you'd never have known.
I like the angle grinder idea though :-)
[1] To be fair most of her ideas really worked well
--
John Stumbles

What is a simile like?
✖
Thus spake The Medway Handyman ( snipped-for-privacy@nospamblueyonder.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

Get the Russians in. They did a good job of obliterating the orange last night ;-)
--
Andy Clews
University of Sussex

LOL