Oak window sill on stone or DPC or slate ?

I'm replacing a rotten window sill with an oak piece which I'm making.

Should I put DPC plastic under it and on top of the stone? or slate? Would this stop water on the stone creeping up and rotting the wood? Or would it trap water in the wood?

Originally the oak was on the stone, with a lead flashing on the bottom inch, and i think the wood not painted under the lead.

Was this so that any water in the wood could escape?

Shall I redo it like that, or paint the whole outside and use exterior frame filler?

George

Reply to
George Miles

George Miles