Oak Floor( part 2)

Following my earlier enquiry regarding the options of oak flooring on concrete I have decided to go for battens.

The battens will be 50mm x 25 mm and screwed to the floor.

My questions are: a) What batten spacing? b) Is there any need for a membrance/vapour barrier as required for laminate.

mark

Reply to
Mark

Very wise.

Good choice.

If the oak is 19mm, 40cm works well.

Depends on what's underneath the concrete. It won't do any harm.

Reply to
Grunff

400-500mm is about right if the floorboards are around 20mm.

If there is already one beneath the concrete then no. Otherwise below the battens.

For the battens themselves, it's not a bad idea to use pressure treated ones anyway such as roofing battens as long as you can get the size.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks for the answers. I've got tile battens ordered, they were the cheapest way to get battens.

mark

Reply to
Mark