O(n)T - stopping edge of carpet from fraying

alan_m

I can't help thinking that will cause you problems. The gap from the skirting is there to bury the carpet edge in, giving a smooth flush finish, preventing fraying & adding more grip to the fixing.

A scraper should do fine. You only need it approximately level, residues don't matter.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That's why I'm sealing the edges. I'd do so even if I do use strip. Strip is certainly neater and is the way to go.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks - I see it all now!

Reply to
PeterC

Sealing the edges stops fraying but doesn't get you a neat flush finish & doesn't add grip. If you do it both ways you'll find out why it's done the way it is.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr