NZ vented hwc

So that is why it is used on open vented system then. Wow!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It isn't; the open vent pipe is the discharge pipe for boiling water and steam in the event of the immersion heater thermostat failing in the 'ON' position.

Reply to
Onetap

Rob, dearheart, there has been very little abuse, apart from Drivel's "k*****ad". We are discussing the technical failings of what appears, at first sight, to be an attractively simple and cheap water heating device. Drivel has, as usual, completely fallen for the claimed advantages and has completely failed to appreciate its many disadvantages. Poking holes in Drivel's unbridled enthusiasm for wobbly technology provides entertainment for a great many of us on this group and keeps us from tormenting the inmates at our local asylums. Please don't stop our harmless fun in Drivel baiting.

Reply to
Onetap

So don't use it then.

;)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

It isn't; the open vent pipe is the discharge pipe for boiling water and steam in the event of the immersion heater thermostat failing in the 'ON' position. %%%%%%%%%%%%

Knob, it is open to atmosphere so "OPEN VENTED"

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I do not use google groups. I use Outlook Express. There is something in posts from google groups that when replied to in OE the ">" are stripped off. All others appear fine.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Rob, dearheart, there has been very little abuse, apart from Drivel's "k*****ad".

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wrote: [snip]

More fool you.

It's because OE is a broken, buggy, heap of s**te. HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A knob interjects.....

Thank you for you incisive and informative post.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Wrong. On unvented cylinders plastic HepVo traps can be used with a tundish and high temp plastic waste pipe used into the main waste stack.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Indeed; you've been Googling, well done you. For unvented water heaters it is some plastic made and marked as conforming to some obscure standard; I'd look it up if I were bothered. I've never seen it used. I doubt very much that it is flexible and could be dragged into an inaccessible chimney void as you suggested.

Reply to
Onetap

No k*****ad!! Doing it"

Normal pushfit plastic waste pipe usually does it. mPVC

Normal polybuy' Hep2O is fine - the stuff that can be used on all vented hot and cold systems.

Please Google. You need it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Right. So does Google Groups strip the ">" off before sending as you first claimed, or does OE strip the ">" off before sending, as you now seem to be claiming? You can't have it both ways.

From the sounds of your most recent message, it's an OE problem - most likely because, as Steve pointed out, OE is a broken, buggy, heap of s**te; the Prius of the newsreader world, if you will.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

If a poster uses OE as a newsreader, he needs to install Quotefix.

makes it less non-compliant.

Reply to
John Williamson

It is clear you know nothing of newsreaders or fabulous cars.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Andrew