Numpty Box Question

Hi all
OK - so while I'm waiting for further communication on the cooker circuit.........
One of the changes requested by the BCO guy is to provide isolation outside cupboards for oven and fridge freezer. Looking at my current wiring layout, the easiest way to do this is to use a dual box and a single.
The dual box will carry switched fused spurs for a kick space heater and the fridge freezer - the single box will carry the oven isolation switch. I intend to use a 50 deep box for the oven isolator to give plenty of connection/fiddle room.
The question relates to the dual box. I can't seem to find a 50 deep dual box, only 35. Into this box I will need to fit: For the kick space heater - ring in; ring out; thermostat out; heater out; connection block for thermostat return-to-heater. For the fridge freezer - ring in; ring out; fridge freezer socket feed out.
Is it realistic to terminate this lot in a 35 deep dual box, or is there a supplier of 50 deep boxes I've missed? Or is the approach to fit two singles close together?
thanks
Phil

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AP628.html
Commonly known as a cooker box.
--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote

Thanks Dave
But that's a double box rather than a dual box (unless I'm missing something). I was looking for a box to mount 2 fused spurs in.
Phil

Ah - sorry. Don't know of such a thing. You should be OK with 35mm ones - reading your post again.
--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Can any of the gridswitch stuff help?
On 29/03/2011 10:55, TheScullster wrote:

2 single boxes mounted the correct distance apart?
Malcolm

Sink the back box 1cm below the finished surface. Although I am sure 35mm would be deep enough for your needs.
--
Adam

"ARWadsworth" wrote

Thanks Adam
Yes I think there's probably enough room but sinking the back box - why didn't I think of that? I think I've done this in one or two places already - but not deliberately :)
Phil