number of power sockets

She had it propped on the end of the bath, and it fell in.

Reply to
<me9

The message from contains these words:

That's embarrasingly silly. Imagine having to tell St Peter that one.

Reply to
Guy King

Ahh, but the overflow hole is already being used by the immersion heater element that I use to keep the bath warm.

Reply to
Richard Conway

Recommended by whom?

Reply to
Matt

What a good idea!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Pathetic: you haven't lived unless you've a consumer unit installed under the taps!

Mungo :-)

Reply to
Mungo

Controlled by a knife switch?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The message from Frank Erskine contains these words:

"Warm the bath, Igor!"

Reply to
Guy King

I think regs say it has to be over the taps.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

...unless it's installed by a NICEIC-registered installer. Or a CORGI fitter.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In a diving bell

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Na, that controls the electrode boiler that is used for rapid bath water reheats.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:32:55 +0100 someone who may be Matt wrote this:-

IIRC the IEE. Whoever it was their figures were far more realistic than government recommendations of the time.

Reply to
David Hansen

That really surprises me. I recall going through a similar exercise probably around mid 1986 and finding that the numbers were *far* lower than you stated (x0.25 - x0.33). After considering the apparently excessive number I deemed useful I even contemplated splitting the existing rings into an upstairs and downstairs. I can't recall the exact source, and maybe I picked up on the "government" figures, but in hindsight think that IEE recommendations would have been much easier for me to access.

Reply to
Matt

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:07:30 +0100 someone who may be Matt wrote this:-

The area restrictions for standard circuits work well with unlimited numbers of sockets in houses.

At the time, as I recall, government recommendations were still two sockets in bedrooms. That was certainly inadequate.

Reply to
David Hansen

I certainly can't see what business it is of government to say how many sockets I should have in my house :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Nor at what height you fit them. Doesnt stop them forcing their daftisms on us though

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The OSG now quotes the following figures (now't to do with the gummint):

Lounge . . . . . . 6-10 Dining . . . . . . 3 Kitchen . . . . . 6-10 Double bed . . . . 4-6 Single bed . . . . 4-6 Bedsit . . . . . . 4 Hall . . . . . . . 2 Stairs/landing . . 1 Loft . . . . . . . 1 Study/home office 6 Garage . . . . . . 2 Utility room . . . 2

Ref. IET (formerly IEE) On-Site Guide Table 8B, page 156. These are numbers of _double_ sockets. The table has nine footnotes giving additional information. These are purely recommendations and have no regulatory effect whatever.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Interesting that the suggestion for a single bed is 4-6, but for a bedsit, only 4.

Reply to
S Viemeister

assumption of lower cost accomodation.

Total sockets here are way below what they recommend for some areas, yet are more than enough. Makes me wonder wonder what the author(s) had in their kitchen(s).

NT

Reply to
meow2222