Nothing sux like a Dyson

I'm sure that my Dyson DC07 doesn't pick up debris as well as it used to from our filthy carpets (though actually it does suck pretty well, and so it should, having had a new motor and filters etc recently).

I thought that the bristles on the rotating brush looked a bit short. Do these tend to wear down?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

The brushes on all cleaners wear and are available as replacement service parts. Places like ezee fix should have them on line.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I see they also have them on ebay Search for Dyson (brushroll,brush roll) Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Or go for the =A365 all in service call from Dyson all bits that need replacement will be.

I find our DC04 starts to suffer lack of suck when the brush bar is clogged with No.1 Daughters hair or lengths of discarded wool from SWMBO= 'd knitting.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But does it suck well from the main head? Have you checked that the removable tube underneath isn't blocked - or the short flexi pipe.

Reply to
John

They have pathetic performance from new.

Bin it & buy a Sebo.

better a commercial grade Sebo
commercial machine will outlast you.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

i have my mums old dc04 now, every year i take it to bits, shake out all the collected dust, then blow through all the holes in the cyclones and all that, it's amazing the ammount of claggy dust that comes out, pull all the carpet strands and hair from the brushes and so on,

takes us a while to get used to it again as it sticks to the carpet so much from the suction,

i dont have a grand or so for one of those 'commercial' vacuums so make do with the dyson, it does all i want and much beter than any vacuum i've ever owned before.

Reply to
gazz

Also, you'll need commercial quality carpets or replace them more frequently. My DC04 lifts the carpet slightly, so I can't see there can be much wrong with the suction. All they need, as you say, is a bit of TLC occasionally.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Good advice, our Sebo has been brilliant.

David - Milton Keynes

Reply to
David Klyne

Agreed. We have one which must be ~15 years old. It ate its motor last year & I got another from someone on t'web. Apart from that, it's a splendid piece of kit. Unlike the scabby Electrolux it replaced.

Reply to
Huge

They don't do too well on a Which? test - the X4 below average, Felix 1 a best buy but only average on carpets. Miele and Dyson Which?'s favourites.

I've had a Dyson well over 10 years, left it outside for a week once during a tropical storm season, and it still seems to work very well. Bit noisy perhaps.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Even better news, then. If Which? hate it, it must be good.

Reply to
Huge

Thus spake Rob ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

I've had a Dyson DC01 for 13 years and it's still going strong, though I have replaced the rotating brush. The tools are a bit crap though.

Reply to
A.Clews

It's long hair that kills vacs quickest ime. Have you got a short haired household?

Reply to
mogga

In which case I have to praise Miele. Partner is not only long-haired, but thyroid sufferer - which can (and often does) result in huge amounts of hair shedding. Plus a tendency to play with textiles which adds its own burden.

Ten years (or so) old and still going strong. Worst bit is cutting clogged hair from the turbo roller brush.

But when mother wanted a new machine, I suggested Sebo - and she is delighted.

Reply to
Rod

I fitted a new rotating brush, and performance is much improved. I can now hear, and feel the rotation of, the brushes on the carpet, which I couldn't with the old brush.

Not sure why some people insist that Dysons aren't good vacuum cleaners. When this one is working as it should, it seems to perform perfectly satisfactorily. It does need a little care and maintenance, but it's nothing too hard to do.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida