Norm's Gadget

Watching Norm build a shed on TV, he had a gadget I hadn't seen before.

Steel bar around 2' long. Attached to this about 6" from the base was a right angle steel bar - so the whole thing looked like a lower case "h". Both bars had points at the bottom & it pivoted where the right angled piece met the straight piece.

When fixing a side of the shed the straight piece was tapped into the floor & the angled bit tapped into the bottom of the wall section. Pulling back on the straight bar pulled the two together.

Any idea what such a gadget is called?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wall puller.

Reply to
Richard

Norm's tool?

Reply to
Davey

Cheap in the US but silly money over here

Bob Minchin

Because if not, then they must be the cheekiest bastards alive, asking 88 quid for 2 lengths of steel bar and a bolt to hold them together,

Reply to
Gazz

I thought Trojan was a brand of American condom?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Very true but it is an imported length of steel bar & bolt with a niche application.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I saw that coming :-)