Noisy Tap

After changing the sink taps in the bathroom it is impossible to partially open the cold tap without getting rapid, very violent repeated water hammer. The tap is at mains pressure. I've tried reducing the flow with the stop tap but this doesn't cure the problem. We never experienced this with the old taps.

Could this be due to the design of the tap

Any suggestons will be welcome.

Reply to
not available

Could it be due to air in the pipe? You could try turning off the cold water supply stop tap, turn the bathroom cold tap on to drain the water out of the pipe, then with the bathroom cold tap fully open turn the cold water supply stop tap back on again. If is an air problem you may have to do this a few times to push all the air out.

Reply to
a2z