noisy gas meter

At the weekend we had a new heating and hot water system installed. We went the way of Unvented Mains Pressure and had a new Potterton boiler and a Megaflow system.

We are really delighted with the performance (instant power showers) and the quietness of it but since the work was done I have noticed a strange noise coming from the gas meter.

When the gas is flowing the meter makes a burbling noise (rather like bubbling water). Everything works fine otherwise and it could be that the meter has always done this.

Am I being paranoid?

KW

Reply to
Bilbo Baggins

Mine has always done this. It probably due to fact that the new setup is taking far more gas, making it more noticeable :-)

Reply to
BillR

Phone Transco free of chrage on 0800111999 to come and check it....

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

From a safety point, yes.

The meter will probably make wheezing noises when passing 2 m^3/hr or more (about 20kW). The mater may well be seriously under or overcharging you though. Also the meter outlet pressure may be fluctuating unacceptably (although they gas installer should have spotted that --- um?)

Reply to
Ed Sirett