No TV In Most of Oxfordshire..

ISTR that someone was having TV reception problems here in this area the other day..

Well seems to have made a very good job of it now;!..

tony sayer

Who let Billy Mitchell up the mast?

Reply to
Adrian C

The Oxford Times has heart wrenching tales such as: Mr Dore said: "I usually watch the news in the afternoon, but when we got back there was nothing there.

"My wife usually watches the soaps, like Coronation Street and Emmerdale, in the evenings while I go out and walk the dog. She will have to come with me now."

Helen Redfern, from Southmoor, near Abingdon, is at home with a bad back.

She said: "I'm annoyed and I'm pretty bored

Reply to
John

LOL! Turns out the aerial is pointing that way, despite what I said. Ho hum.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Does no-one anywhere in Oxfordshire have access to Virgin Media cable, Sky satellite, Tiscali TV or BT Vision? No BBC iPlayer?

Reply to
Bruce

Or, possibly, a book or two?

Reply to
S Viemeister

She could still watch Channel 5, which wasn't affected.

Given some reports of the seriousness of the fire, and worries about part of the structure collapsing, I'm surprised how quickly the service was restored.

MBQ

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It wasn't as serious as they originally thought. Seems there wasn't much if any structural damage just a few burnt panels and cables.

Has happened before, pity they didn't have an angle grinder handy to hack away at the ice on the ladder;!...

About 2 or so mins in .. enjoy;!..

tony sayer

Now you are being silly. A book?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Perhaps if the book contained vouchers towards the cost of adult literacy classes?

Reply to
Bruce

I'd assumed the reason the IP posted this to uk.d-i-y was because having no signal enabled people in Oxfordshire to break free from the hypnotic effect of TV and do some DIY.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

The book I suggested was, of course, the Collins manual...

Reply to
S Viemeister