Nippy reliable hatchback that takes bigger objects than an estate car?

In message , Kat writes

I've got a BMW520i I want to get rid of

Half a days work with an angle grinder and a sander - you could have just what you want

Reply to
raden

Well I managed to get a full-sized acrylic bath, myself, SWMBO *and* some bags of shopping in a standard Ford Escort hatch..... and that was with all doors and the boot closed (back seats were down of course).

Reply to
Googolplex

Shame the 307 is so damn unreliable. Nice car with an unfeasibly large number of stupid quirks and faults. Second from bottom on top gear survey for customer satisfaction. Near bottom on What Car survey for customer satisfaction.

The niggles in our 307 are what's putting me off getting a 407.

Reply to
Googolplex

Reply to
Leveled