Nice little DIY project

I wonder what happened here.

MuddyMike

that sort of state and then had a fatal heart attack. His widow had a problem selling it.

Reply to
charles

I had that done to a rental property a few years ago, even took the floorboards up to nick the wiring and copper pipe. this one looks more like a repossession.

-
Reply to
Mark

They wanted the concrete floors back? From the metal piles, I'd guess subsidence.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We looked at a property a few years ago that was in a similar state. Travellers had moved in nearby, it was empty, so they gutted it.

Reply to
Huge

Messy divorce?

Reply to
Pete Shew

What was the architect thinking of on picture 5 of this one!

ARWadsworth

Reply to
gremlin_95

one for 'Homes under the Hammer'?

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

But why would travellers take the stairs? Most caravans are single storey.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Perhaps they wanted it for firewood?

Reply to
Huge

social housing, then strip out all the metal, sell it, and vanish..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wonder what they did with the missing concrete floor!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

my best guess.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Or maybe the 2007 flood unless the builder is very slow.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

grew cannabis in the soil?

Reply to
charles

+1
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

hey were lookinmg for a pot of gold, to be sure and all, and all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More probable, given that the place was sold in 2003 for near a quarter of a million.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Seems an odd selection, take floors, walls, stairs, fireplace, while leaving copper piping. I wonder what upstairs looks like?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar