Nextbase DUO dashcam freezing

Anyone else encounter this ?

Tried contacting their support department whose immediate suggestion was to change my class 10 Samsung SD card for a branded class 10 SD card.

Updated firmware and re-(re-)formatted SD card before testing.

Intermittently just freezes after 2-5 minutes.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Just to add, actually testing the SD Card showed a write speed of 6Mb/s.

So not class 10 then.

Guns retrained on Samsung.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

But you haven't done as they've asked.

Reply to
Graham.

Jethro_uk presented the following explanation :

Mine (not Nextbase) began freezing or not recording on power up. It would begin recording if I reformatted the card, but it would again freeze once the card filled up. It was supposed to write over the older recording. A full reboot back to basics sorted the camera.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I confirmed their initial suggestion that my SD card was too slow (hence their request to try a new card).

And for double confirmation, the SanDisk SD card that arrived today worked perfectly - over an hours continuous recording.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

My nextbase duo crashes at 2 minutes and 14 seconds randomly so renders it useless and unfit for purpose. Contacted support after using various cards and he assured me this wasn't a common fault and to return for refund!

Reply to
bean-basher

Memory fault, I'd imagine. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

IIRC I posted the original Q. :)

Memory card was up to scratch. You need to ensure you get one capable of handling HD (class 10 ?). The problem is there are a *lot* of counterfeits out there - even from Amazon.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I bought an expensive Nextbase duo. It's worse than useless and is less reliable than the £50 Chinese no name dashcam. I can be driving along and all of a sudden it freezes. I've tried different SD cards to no avail. The solution is to unplug it, wait for the battery to drain, then plug it in again. It's a common nextbase fault according to google searches. Shame it's not more widely spoken about so that people can avoid wasting their money on Nextbase dashcams.

Reply to
archiethepig

replying to archiethepig, Bryo292 wrote: There is a reset button underneath on the left

Reply to
Bryo292

replying to Jethro_uk, Smudger wrote: This is still happening to mine.... it was fine for a year then . it just freezes... AND ITS THEIR SD CARD's THAT IM USING!!!... fed up with it

Reply to
Smudger

replying to archiethepig, GaryC wrote: I also bought a Nextbase Duo HD for £200 from Halfords. Worked fine for 2 years then froze. Would do nothing except boot to the startup (Logo) screen. None of the buttons worked. Chatted with online chat and performed all of the actions recommended. No change. Told I should send it back for repair. Cost dependent on what was needed but they could supply a reconditioned one for £85 with a three month guarantee. 1. two years for a £200 piece of kit is not good value in fact not of adequate quality. 2. Why would a risk £85 on a reconditioned Nextbase that has proved so short lived? 3. Ebay is flooded with reconditioned Nextbase Duo HD. They were only launched 2 years ago. Why have so many needed repairing??? Outcome: Looked for a new dashcam - *anything but Nextbase*. Bought a Z-Edge for (front and back cameras) that so far is excellent.

Reply to
GaryC