New Stove - wall crack

Hi all,

I've just installed my new Erin Stanley stove last week into the Fireplace opening built from block (opening is 800mm (width ) X 1400mm (height) X 500 (depth) ). The stove sits nicely within this space with about a gap to either side of 150mm and a gap at the back of about

70mm.

The problem i'm now seeing is a rather large crack in the plaster at the back of the stove and another smaller crack to one side.

What can I do to remedy this? Can this cause structural problems?

Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks, Derol.

Reply to
derol4

You don't say if the neewly built opeing has been given time to dry ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Rick, the plastering finished over 1 year ago so it's definitly dry.

Reply to
derol4

I was advised to use lime in the plaster mix to stop the plaster cracking.

Reply to
Maart

That's interesting. Will have a chat with the guy who plastered it.

Might brick out the inside of the fireplace alcove - that might sort out the problem

Maart wrote:

Reply to
derol4