Glowworm Flue Fan problem

Can anyone tell me how to remove the fan assembly from this boiler please? I've taken out the two screws at the front as detailed in the manual, but it's stuck at the top where it joins the flue. How does it fix to the flue? Do I just use brute force, or is there a clamp holding it?

Any help much appreciated.

Wendel

Reply to
wendel4711

It might amaze you to learn that Glow worm make several models of boiler Knowing which model you have would enable a sensible answer to be given.

Reply to
John

Apologies- this was a copy/paste error not an indication of idiocy. Tell me you've never sent an e-mail and forgotten the attachment, and I'll call you a liar... I have now removed the fan with considerable difficulty from my Fuelsaver Complheat 80 version 2 built 1995, and, for the benefit of any other poor bugger faced with the same problem I'll relate what I had to do. I tried tapping, rotating, WD40, warming, freezing, and prayer. Nothing would shift it, and there was a very real danger of destroying the flue assembly it was stuck into. Finally I loosened the external flue form the top of the boiler, and jacked the fan assembly up by about an inch or so by putting a small wooden block under it inside the boiler. This exposed the collar of the fan assembly above the boiler casing, from where I was able to use a hacksaw horizontally and cut through. Then I was able to cart the flue pipe off to the workbench to remove the remainder of the fan assembly in a more favourable environment. Having examined the level of corrosion, I'd say there was no other way to do it.

Wendel III

wendel4711 wrote:

Reply to
wendel4711