New Project - workbench

with some hardwood

?. I used 4x2 for the

? joined in an L shape

pulls joints

?.

Or put on flat surface and put concrete blocks on top of glued assembly.

Reply to
harry

I suppose that's one way to deal with those pesky conspirators. Just make sure no-one is watching.

Reply to
Richard

If only one could

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Screw the bottom sheet to the top with plenty of glue between them. Once the bond is good remove the screws. Fill in the screw holes if you're fussy but at least you won't be bothered about unwanted metal.

Personally I'd glue it up and lay a lot of concrete bloscks on top to ensure a good bond

Reply to
fred

Still worth having a bit of an overhang, first it does let you get a bit closer to stuff without bending your back so much, second it gives you something to clamp either tools or workpieces down.

For example some of my tools (mitre saw, disk/belt sander, chop saw) already live on baseboards so that they can be used elsewhere on a workmate.

Reply to
newshound