new house cost

Because a basic 4 bed house in the village is knocking on the door of £300,000 and I can't quite make that. More fancy one off builds are going for near the £500K. I don't know how people manage it, but then there is not one local person in any of these!!

Reply to
simon beer

The difference may be accounted for by the Insurance Company including site clearance in their price whereas the builder may not.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Perhaps living in Reading may account for some of the difference.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , simon beer writes

My solution was to marry a wife with 3-4 times the earning capacity of me...........

Reply to
chris French