New Decking Colour

I have just laid some decking and there is variations in the colour of the wood. Would deck oil or deck stain even out the colour?

Reply to
lawrence.zarb

Leave it for at least a fortnight, prefereably until after the next rain. The colour will even out as the moisture content equals out. Any green stains (caused by the tanalising chemical) will also dissapear.

Don't treat it now whatever you do, the colour diference will be accentuated.

I prefer decking oil to stain. The oil soaks into the wood rather than forming a coating on top of the wood.

Trust me - I build lots of decks!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks for that....

Reply to
Lawrence.zarb

Never trust anyone who says "Trust me" :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Won't be kept waiting for the rain this year!

Reply to
1501

But he's a doctor.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But you can trust me - trust me!

Honest Dave the customers friend..............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You gotta bruvva called Honest Ron?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Great bloke.

Used ter send their muvva flahs 'n' that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not that you would ever know it, from my cultured facade, but I am a real East Ender.

Sorted.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman