New Car Battery

On Friday, 25 November 2016 11:22:58 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

:
ote:

for

With respect what Halfords sell is of no relevance.

A completely illogical and nonsensical conclusion from the reality that one can often fit a battery of different size to the original.

No-one has proposed such, as if you brain were functioning you'd well know.
NT

Do you actually read the posts you're replying to?

I'd guess your definition of 'fit' might be different to others.

It's exactly what you said by replying to my post.
--
*Prepositions are not words to end sentences with *

On Saturday, 26 November 2016 00:59:25 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

rote:

wrote:
.com>,

sive

all for

e of

I see any discussion with you is pointless.

It is if you choose to ignore points in a thread. And reply to something you've invented.
--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Crikey - you are really well off: we are very impressed.

whats's that got to do with Halfords? they sell parts.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 19:51:05 +0000, charles wrote:

Sealed-Bosch-12V-56Ah-OEM-Replacement-/221958356861? _trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

These days they sell services too.
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 23:41:57 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

That was ambiguous!
1) You can buy services such as 'change a battery', 'change a buld#. 2) You can buy a 'periodic' 'service' of the vehicle.

I think they do offer to test the battery for you. Although the battery could be knackered as well as the drive belt loose.
--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

On 09/11/2016 19:51, charles wrote:

They also sell, fit, and claim to test batteries. But on this occasion totally failed to test.
Mike

Were they asked to? and does "testing a battery" include testing whether the charging circuit is working?
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 10/11/2016 08:52, charles wrote:

My point was don't trust Halfords to do anything other than what you ask. If my neighbours had gone to a our local garage instead of Halfords the battery, and whether it was receiving a charge, would have been tested rather than simply selling them a battery assuming that an 72 year old lady had the knowledge to diagnose the fault.
The car had a less than two year old battery already!
Mike

That sentence is too long. "Don't trust Halfords." There, that's better.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 22nd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3182
I don't have an attitude problem.

Think if you said 'Don't trust anyone associated with the motor trade' you'd be on firmer ground.
--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Are you saying every single person who works for Halfords dishonest?

You think any and all local garages perfectly honest, and wouldn't con an old lady?

If she was capable of driving, why didn't she keep details of warranties, etc?
Silly to play on her being an old lady if alert etc enough to own a car and drive.
--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

[Snip]
what's likely to make a 72 year old lady get it wrong. My wife is 73!
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Way past her useby date.
On 10/11/2016 18:25, charles wrote:

And an expert on car electrics no doubt.
Mike

no, but she'd consult the resident Engineer
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

yes, it turned over too slowly. Going for the best Bosch battery, S5 from tanya £61.93 (with £1.38 facebook discount voucher code) thanks. [g]