New boiler help

Yep. Pipes just about eveywhere. More pipes than house.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You really shouldn't be frightened of pipes. They're quite friendly things

- until you attack them with a hacksaw.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think he should be exceedingly frightened of pipes

Reply to
geoff

With a dishwasher fed from the cold main, and a shower with dedicated piping from cylinder and cistern, then you should see no ill effect on the shower.

Reply to
John Rumm

Plase eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, are you frightened of pcb's?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Chav, that is not a full storage system then, as a part of it is from the cold mains.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Great - I had no idea they are so cheap. Will order one today.

Reply to
ben

I rest my case.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm just about to order a pressure gauge (Monument 1510F Mains Water Pressure Gauge seems to be available in most places) but I'm not 100% sure which tap I'll be able to attach that 3/4" BSP thread to. Will it fit the garden tap?

ben

garden tap thread size, so I should be fine.

Reply to
ben

It will also fit a standard washing machine style service tap.

Reply to
John Rumm

Kitchen cold water supplies are traditionally mains fed even with storage systems. In fact many dishwashers et al have a minimum pressure requirement that would preclude feeding them from low head supply.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for confirming you know even less about house water systems than anyone thought possible. It's the norm to have the kitchen cold water fed off mains - even if every other one in the house is off the storage system. And dishwashers are usually in the kitchen and fed solely from cold water.

There now - you've learn something that everyone else on the group already knows. Please don't forget it in future.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is there any law against running a combi boiler using a gravity fed system? I just wondered, because the obvious answer to poor input from the mains is to retain a cold water storage tank in the roof. There's clearly half-way reasonable pressure because the tank is filling up ok at the moment, but the flow rate seems to be a problem. A cold water storage tank might be a much simpler solution than installing a new mains pipe.

Reply to
GB

The low flow rate may not be your supply. Have you checked all the pipework from the main to the tap? There may be a problem there. Also kitchen taps may be fitted with flow restrictors.

My current house had very poor flow rate when I moved in. After an investigation I discovered that the main stopcock had siezed partly shut and someone had just fitted a new one, leaving the old in one place! When this was sorted out the flow was much better.

Mark

1 bar will be the minimum.
Reply to
<me9

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Chav, they are not. Only the kitchen tap is usually off the mains and only for drinking purposes.

They are the high pressure models. You buy low pressure models for low pressure systems.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off you are a total, senile, flatulating plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel