New bath taps confusing

Hi all
New member but have gleaned lots of great infor this past week whilst fitting a new bathroom.
I have bought an undrilled bath and a 5 hole waterfall tap set but the tap set did not come with any instructions. Major headache followed!
I have it set up in my garden to try and figure it out but with no luck. The parts included are:
Hot and cold tap with an input and output on each. A waterfall spout with one fitting. A hand held shower with the usual hose. Another tap presumably to switch from shower to tap output. This is the most confusing part as it has 2 inputs on the bottom and 2 on the side.
All drilled and all fitted in position but can I hell work out how it is supposed to be connected. I have tried various configs and cannot make any sense of it. I get nothing from the shower and then get water from spout and shower. Very weird!
Another thing to mention is that our water pressure is just ok, not fantastic. I am using it through the outside tap at the moment for testing and setting up.
Thanks in advance for any assistance on this before I take a hammer to the lot!!
Gary
--
Gazza2212

Need pics posted somewhere to see the configuration and make etc would help
Gazza2212 wrote:

HW -> H Tap -> Mixer H In
CW -> C Tap -> Mixer C In
And:
Mixer -> Spout || \/ Shower
(mixer being the mixer/diverter tap)
So far, so obvious. If you're getting water to both spout & shower then you're feeding water *in* to one of the mixer *outs*.
Just concentrate on the mixer/switcher unit ins & outs. Should only be a few combinations.
Scott

It may have a an extra outlet for concealed shower plumbing, if so this will need capping if you are not fitting a fixed overhead shower.
Mike