Neighbour's ch system

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:09:10 +0100 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

I was wrong. It is Powergen that offer the one that can be floor mounted

gas board are offering one that is floor mounted, according to what I cam make out from the triumph of puff over information crappy web site at

David Hansen

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well if HWMO[1] doesn't want to do the job and probably doesn't understand [2] all the wrinkles of what is a fairly unusual situation, why not just get a good independent corgi fitter to do the whole job? (IMNSHO d-i-y is about having the option, not the compulsion :-))

[1] cf: SWMBO :-) [2] no offence
Reply to
John Stumbles

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:16:53 +0100 someone who may be tarquinlinbin wrote this:-

The same is true of British Railways and the Road Fund, to name two.

Reply to
David Hansen

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's something to consider, thanks.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was merely using the words of the neighbour. I always say BG. I can't keep up with the changing names on my share certificates :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from David Hansen contains these words:

Sadly, "Joined up government" never even got started in the first place.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Owain contains these words:

Shall I make you all sick with envy? Here in Telford we have 8000 NHS dentist places surplus. Doesn't stop people complaining about not being able to find an NHS dentist, of course. They just assume it's hard and don't bother ringing round - just moan anyway.

Reply to
Guy King

Except in this case it is the product (one can treat service as a product) that has the problem. The issue is that most people don't realise it because they haven't shopped elsewhere and are used to being given crappy service by public sector or ex public sector organisations.

They haven't felt the full force of commercial competition because of trading on FUD.

As the saying goes. "Some men are discovered, others are found out".

This may take time, but eventually it will happen.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why would anybody *want* to go to an NHS dentist?

Having spoken to a couple of friends who are dentists, there is no way to make it pay if they are going to give proper treatment and employ the level of staff necessary to do it.

Admittedly this is in the south east, but I am surprised if the costs are *that* much different in Telford.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm with an NHS dentist, and can't recommend him highly enough.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Mary. Your neighbour needs to read the BoilerChoice FAQ - the majority of the issues raised are directly addressed in it.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Why would anyone want to go to a private dentist. My NHS costs are about=20 =A345 a year for the last 10 years that I've kept receipts. My dentist=20 (some time ago) went private and offered me a denplan for =A317.50 a=20 month. I somehow don't think my teeth are any worse now than they would=20 have been if I'd paid =A3210 a year plus treatment costs.

Really? Maybe they have a very high standard of living.

Maybe it's just dentists greed. It wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway this is uk.d-i-y. Shouldn't we discuss how to make fillings=20 ourselves?

--=20 John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail

Reply to
John Kelly

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They're only 'uman ... and it's being so cheerful as keeps 'em going ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

I've always been happy with the quality of the work done by any I've used. They often have private patients as well, so the same kit, same staff, same premises etc get used.

As for why others might want to - well, not everyone has enough money to go private and if you're on the appropriate level of Family Tax Credit it's free anyway.

Things are a lot cheaper here than in the south. That's why we moved.

Reply to
Guy King

I used to think that until I began going to a private one about 30 years ago.

I tried an NHS practice a few years ago just to see whether the quality had improved. Never again. They can't do a proper job without losing money - it just doesn't work. This is why there are relatively few.

It would be far better if the NHS stopped providing for dentistry altogether since they can't fund it properly.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why would anyone want to go to a private dentist. My NHS costs are about £45 a year for the last 10 years that I've kept receipts. My dentist (some time ago) went private and offered me a denplan for £17.50 a month. I somehow don't think my teeth are any worse now than they would have been if I'd paid £210 a year plus treatment costs.

Really? Maybe they have a very high standard of living.

Maybe it's just dentists greed. It wouldn't surprise me.

Anyway this is uk.d-i-y. Shouldn't we discuss how to make fillings ourselves?

Did that some time ago.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Why would anyone want to go to a private dentist.

Hear hear!

It's just the same as gas fitters, really, there are the greedy ones and the ones with integrity who want to provide a service without making a mint. I know which I support.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher