mystery fixing

Anyone know what this is for?:
<http://tinyurl.com/22u5xqs
It was in the wall of a room in a hotel I stayed in recently, the loop's about 1.25" ext. dia..
--

bof at bof dot me dot uk

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:54:34 +0000, bof wrote:

Previous guest into a little light bondage?
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Light? That's one heavy weight fixing. But I did wonder.
--

bof at bof dot me dot uk

I am guessing it is a fixing for an escape device. Is it opposite the window. Try Googling the BS number on the fitting.
Tim W
Tim W wrote:

Its marked BS7883 which is the Working at Heights directive, so as others have already guessed its something to do with cleaning windows.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

It is an achor bolt. Possibly used to attatch a safety harness to when leaning out of the windows when cleaning them.
--
Adam

OK makes sense, it was next to the window. Ta.
--

bof at bof dot me dot uk

bof wrote:

Maybe they run S&M theme weekends?
Or, more sensibly, for tied-on access for e.g. window cleaning the outside of the building?
http://www.buildingaccess.co.uk/eyebolts.htm
The entity calling itself bof wrote:

It's the same kind of loop they use on the outside of buuldings for window cleaners, et al, to fasten themselves to. Was it near the window?
--
Situations have ended sad

Did we wake you?

loop's
Attachment for emergancy evacuation through window - could be a 'descender' or a simple rope ladder
AWEM