mysterious sound of running water

Can anyone help with this? My neighbour has the constant sound of water flowing through pipes, rather like a cistern filling, when there are no taps on and no obvious place for the water to be flowing to. She has a combi boiler, which I have turned off, and this makes no difference. There is no evidence of leaks anywhere, cisterns are fine, and the only thing that stops the sound is turning off the stopcock in the road. So, I suppose my question is, has anyone had similar experiences or can suggest a source for this sound?

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble"

Reply to
Mick Partridge

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:05:47 -0000, "stuart noble"

Reply to
Andy Hall

Should have asked whether you are still on a shared supply. If so, it could be the neighbours have a leak somewhere.

Reply to
Mick Partridge

"stuart noble"

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Cheers everybody. I'll try and take another look/listen tomorrow and report back. Sounds like a leak somewhere then but I suppose it doesn't have to be major to make a noise.

Reply to
stuart

One last point, saturation of clay soil can cause subsidence, especially when the foundations are lightweight, as is often the case with old properties. In other words dont be tempted to leave it awhile.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton