Myson kickspace fan

Plumb Center (HRPC). Ring Myson too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The fan motor has failed in my myson kickspace 500. Any idea where I'll get a replacement motor in a hurry? It's cold and I'm getting my ear bent more than usual.

Reply to
<me9

I have two s/h kickspace heaters sitting in my workshop unused, bought off ebay for a project that never happened, neither are Myson (I think one is Smiths and the other Travis Perkins) but they look generic and seem to use a similar fan. If they get you out of trouble and you can collect from Bromley (Kent but really SE London) you are welcome to them for the nominal amount I paid.

BTW my email address will need de-spamming

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Hi,

Try a drop of light oil on the bearings and/or push it to get it started.

There isn't a lot to go wrong if it's a shaded pole motor:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

The winding has gone oc, probably a heat fuse. The motor turns freely, possibly a little rattly.

Events have overtaken me. SWMBO obtained a replacement heater at the plumber's merchant (20 quid cheaper than internet price) and I've just finished plumbing it in, much easier than the original (12 years old) was, as the new one has flexible hoses.

Reply to
<me9

I fitted one of these when I had a kitchen re-build to give a bit of extra assistance to the radiators. I've found it a complete waste of space - it's noisy, gets kicked on on occasions when it's not wanted and doesn't really produce much heat.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

You are the first I have heard say this.

Not on the low speed.

Fitted too low.

??

They need a decent flow through them, so larger pipes. They work better when the temperature of the system water is higher too.

Check your pipe sizes. If not practical to upgrade the pipe sizes put a pump near it under the kitchen units, that only runs when Myson is on.

They can give out I think 9,000 Btu/hr. They also heat a place up quickly too. People like the warm air along the floor warming their feet.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel