Myson Heat Loss Manager 98

Hi,

Anyone happen to have a copy of the Myson Heatloss Manager (the one that lets you specify U values):

HeatlossManager98r105.exe

that they could possibly email to me (address valid above)?

:->

Many TIA,

Timbo

Reply to
Tim Watts

Received with many thanks from a certain well known person here :)

-- Tim Watts Personal Blog:

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is there any advantage to using this compared with putting areas and u values into a spreadsheet and then adding air changes?

AJH

Reply to
news

Not really. But it does make it a bit easier by having ready made tables to fill in for all your rooms and walls, etc. - and it does have some built-in fiddle factors for warm-up etc. (which you can choose to ignore if you like)

If you don't really know what you're doing, it probably gets you quite close to the correct answer. If you *do* know what you're doing, you'll want to check all its built-in assumptions, and substitute your own values for U-values - in which case you're not all that much worse off with an entirely DIY spreadsheet.

Reply to
Roger Mills

A few from my POV:

1) A double check on any calculation I might do;

2) Source of U values - not everything is trivially derivable from lambda (thermal conductivity) values - eg glass, due to the effect of air layers on the surface,

3) Floors - I really have no idea how ground solid floor losses ar ecalculated :0
Reply to
Tim Watts