MW N#933P

I Have This Lovely M&W 933p With the Flat Plates I presume For Measuring Paper Thickness Anyone Know if That's Correct.?

Reply to
Vince Fletcher

No

Reply to
jon_t

more generally used for soft materials

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Micrometer 933P Probably used by an inspector to check the diameter of stock materials or components. The large anvils would tend to be required for soft materials such as plastic, fabric or round wire, and sheet materials such as paper, card, etc."

Reply to
Fredxx

Or gear teeth

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Please feel free to provide a reference for that purpose. I would be surprised if you do but also impressed.

The usual method of checking gears is with a purpose made micrometer like these:

These have anvil pins/balls of a known diameter.

Reply to
Fredxx

I thought the 900 series was an internal micrometer set.

Reply to
jon_t

I believe it is:

However this seems to confirm the veracity that the 933p is an external micrometer:

Fredxx

Reply to
Vince Fletcher