Multi-fuel stove recommendations

Hi,

I'm looking to have a couple of multi-fuel cast-iron stoves fitted in plenty of time for the winter.

I'm looking for a standalone cast iron stove for one room, to replace the stove the previous owners took with them, and a "cassette" style stove for another, to place in the current open fireplace.

Any recommendations on particular stoves and, just as importantly, someone who would undertake this work in the Matlock area?

I imagine one of the chimneys is already lined to an appropriate standard (although I can stick a torch up there and check if I knew what to look for), but I guess that the other will need suitable preparation.

I quite like the look of this:

the angled side-windows, but it seems cheap compared to others, and I can't find much in the way of references to it.

Not much choice as far as inset stoves are concerned, but this looks the part:

'd say we have a budget of 1,500 - 2,000 or so for both. Does this seem realistic if we factor in labour etc, or hopelessly optimistic?

Thanks

Sean

Reply to
Sean Inglis

Top brands are Jotul and Morso, heavy iron castings - and it's the quality of those castings that can't so easily be detected, but is essential for longevity.

About =A3600 for base models, so would be tight on your budget unless chimneys already have liners and are ready to go.

Reply to
dom

We have Morso stoves and they're fantastic. We have the inset 4560

and a squirrel. Price would be about =A3750 for the inset and =A3458 for the squirrel from
(by far the cheapest we found). We also have a small boatman stove in the bedroom which is great value for money

auctions