MTD ride on - sorted!

Just want to say thanks for the ideas and suggestions and to say I think I now have it all sorted.

The seat is interlocked to the ignition, as is the reverse when the cutter is down and the start unless the brake is on and the cutter fully raised. Which makes it a bit of a pain to reverse a yard, having to raise cutter to select reverse.

The one thing which makes it really awkward is the brake cum clutch pedal on the left. It is a very long reach forward and just about reachable with the left toes and I cannot see any obvious means to adjust its position. 6' 6" friend also even finds it a bit of a reach.

Other than that everything is fine.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Does the seat not move forward if needed?

Reply to
John Rumm

Do the mowers slouch..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

John Rumm formulated the question :

It does, but not enough to compensate for the pedal. I may decide to cut the linkage and re-weld it in a better position.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

Good.

Both my Uncle and Aunt were vertically challenged. When I acquired a Morgan 4/4 from them, I discovered it had wooden blocks wired to the foot pedals:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb