Mr.Clutch?

Break traction after the clutch is fully home in a straight line on a good surface?

Think you need to get some decent tyres of the correct size.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So just which car without traction control did this? It would be slated in a press report as being dangerous.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd argue that very few cars actually have traction control (Ferarris, maybe), which is why I put quotes round it. What they actually have is "Stop morons from crashing" control. As soon as it detects that a wheel is spinning it cuts power.

Reply to
Huge

?iopes even my 1967 Bedford van ould do it. Up to about 1mph

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My old BMW applied the brake to only that wheel approaching losing traction. Causing the differential to transfer 'power' to the other wheel. Useful on a corner where weight transfer can affect grip. If you carried on trying to apply even more 'power' than it could cope with (on a poor surface) it did cut the 'power'. Worked pretty well in practice.

Not sure it would be nice on a FWD drive, though. Pulling the steering each and every way. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Classic example of Turnip not understanding a thread. But then any fool can spin a wheel on most vehicles.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's a safety feature for poor drivers like you. With an LSD you'd have spun it and crashed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've never driven a car with traction control. But then, I haven't bought a car since 2001... I like the one I have.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Ford Mondeo, Vauxhall Cavalier, Nissan Primera are the ones I've owned. You know, obscure niche cars...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

They would all spin their wheels on a good surface dry road in a straight line after the clutch was fully home?

Very odd none of the road tests ever mentioned this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)