Mouse deterrents

Your house is infested with oysters ?

That is some *serious* dampness.

One is bound to wonder how the first breeding pair (of oysters) got there.

Did they perhaps blow in on the wind?

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Oh at last someone else who appreciates that we are at the top of the food chain.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from TheOldFellow contains these words:

In descending order of usefulness

  1. Cat. Rodents detect the smell of the cat and stay away

  1. Traps. Some of the modern plastic ones are brilliant. Work reliably and no danger of trapping fingers.
    Cheap ultrasonic scarers are useless. Very expensive professional models do work in open spaces

Reply to
Appin

Medwayhandyman, meet grizzlybear. Grizzlybear, meet Medwayhandyman. Chomp, chomp, burp. Full grizzlybear.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'd never heard of the Lérot. A little digging tells me that protected or not it's a red book species...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Bears do not have guns and BBQs

Mind you the quote below

"The expedition failed when his sleds fell through weak ice and Fiennes was forced to pull them out by hand. He sustained severe frostbite to the tips of all the fingers on his left hand, forcing him to abandon the attempt. On returning home, his surgeon insisted the necrotic fingertips be retained for several months (to allow regrowth of the remaining healthy tissue) before amputation. Impatient at the pain the dying fingertips caused, Fiennes removed them himself (in his garden shed) with a fretsaw which didn't work so he picked up a Black & Decker in the "village" with a micro blade and cut them off just above where the blood & the soreness was"

from

me smile.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Medwayhandyman, meet grizzlybear. Grizzlybear, meet Medwayhandyman - with AK47. Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang - in 3 seconds. Dead grizzlybear.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , gazz writes

The other thing to be aware of with these devices is that just because they are out of your hearing range does not mean the sound pressure isn't capable of damaging your hearing.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In article , Peter Scott writes

Agreed. They are very directional, so I found fitting them at right angles to each other worked well. And don't buy cheapo crap.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs