These moulded white B&Q type doors.

Do I just slap on a top gloss coat or do they need priming/undercoating? TIA.

Reply to
brass monkey

If they're the fake woodgrain effect ones they really need filling and sanding down before painting if you want them to look like proper smooth wood. They're probably marketed as 'ready to paint' though.

I've given bits of my front door about 5 coats this summer, sanding down between each coat, and it's now got to the standard where it's what I would critically describe as 'a bit rough but will do'

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They are meant to be pre primed so you can just gloss them. Mind you, a coat of primer would add to their physical strength :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I just gave mine a coat of dulux all in one gloss and it looks OK

Tom

Reply to
Tom

"The Medway Handyman" wrote

I regret fitting these for that reason! Easy and light to handle, cheap as chips etc but very little sound insulation between rooms :(.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster