Mounting Trellis Panels Against a Wall

We've got three 900mm wide, 1800 high trellis panels (solid edged - not just the trellis bit).

I have to fix them to a wall. Simple enough if I screw straight through the framing. But not easy to remove in future (e.g. to re-treat the wood).

So I thought that I could use U-shaped clips for the bottom. Simply screw to the wall and drop the bottom of the panels into the clips. And sort of J-clips at the top. Screw them to the wall - but the long side woudl have a slot. Slide the clip up, drop the panel into the U-clips at the bottom, slide the J-clip down. Job done.

(In fact, I could use J-clips top and bottom - just fixing the bottom ones at the lower limit of their sliding capacity.)

Anyone have another name for the J-clip things?

Suggestions for where to find them?

Do they even exist in garden fencing scale? (I have seen similar for things like mirrors.)

Are there better ways of achieving what I want?

Reply to
Rod

=================================== Screw battens (about 1.5" thick)to the wall as permanent fixtures. Then screw your trellis panels to the battens. This has the advantage that climbing plants can climb without damaging the panels.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

With the apparent unavailability of the J-clips I would need, thought has continued. Battens are now formally adopted. Until I change my mind.

Thank you.

Reply to
Rod

I remember my father using used up wooden cotton reels wih long screws to space trellis off the walls. This in the days where all self respecting people made and repaired their own clothes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am struggling to remember when last I saw a wooden reel for sale. But you have reminded me - a misty picture of something similar in the memory banks.

Reply to
Rod