flush mounting panels on a brick/block wall

Panels in question are 18mm MDF 48 inches by 24 inches wide which I need to affix to a plastered block wall, preferably without any obvious fixings or gaps.
I have some interlinking clips from a local hardware store but the screw holes are positioned so they also overlap and screws were not supplied. They need to have quite flat heads else the two sections (one affixed to panel the other to wall) will not slide over each other.
When attached the four screw holes line up which makes it even more awkward to find suitable screws anyway.
Has anyone else tried to do this ?.
On 16/08/2017 13:25, Andrew wrote:

The ones I have bought are these :-
http://www.screwfix.com/p/flush-mounts-zinc-plated-35-x-37-x-3-75mm-10-pack/11423
Andrew wrote:

    First problem is how flat is the wall? You will need to ensure that the wall mountings are absolutely flat across the wall, packing the plates out if necessary. These plates are near a zero tolerance device. then it's a case of extreme patience getting all the fixings to line up. You might be better off looking for some flat panel versions of these plates, which are more tolerant of location. You're still going to have an alignment problem even then.
On 16/08/2017 15:01, Capitol wrote:

What do you mean by 'flat penel versions' ?.
I have tried google and these are all I could find.
There are up to 3 mm hollows and high spots on the walls over the 48 inch depth of these panels, but I was only going to use two near the top corners and if necessary shim them out if there was a high spot half way down.
Andrew wrote:

    Similar to (Amazon.com product link shortened)02902608&sr=8-6&keywords=steel+wall+mounting+brackets
Andrew wrote:

I mounted an IKEA wardrobe door panel, a similar size to your proposal, as a double bed headboard using clips like that, and it was certainly tricky to find screws that would not foul and still be suitable robust. I think I just rummaged in my collection until I found something that would do.
The wall was evidently not flat, (though I had not previously noticed any significant bow) and the panel stands off a few mm, which is perfectly fine for my installation, but would not suit you.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 13:25:56 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:

You'd be better using one of these "instant grab" glues.
On 16/08/17 13:25, Andrew wrote:

Countersink screws? What is diameter of the holes in the clips?

Do you have access to a router? Various options then of sinking your clips slightly into the wood, or making an internal 'pocket' behind a metal plate 'keyhole' that would surround the head of a wall mounted bolt, or hold a glued in ex-hard drive neodymium magnet.
--
Adrian C

Andrew wrote:

these can be routed to recess them within the panel to make them truly flush ...
<http://button-fix.com/button-fix-type-1-fix
On 16/08/2017 20:04, Andy Burns wrote:

Interesting.
But I suspect finding the correct screws to attach the buttons to 18mm MDF would be difficult to get in small quantities.
The video shows a router being used to rebate the black sections and the buttons fitted to the panel. I would have to fit the buttons to the wall (with the problem of accurate drilling and rebate the panel making the choice of screw even more difficult.
Fitting the buttons to the panel and leaving them to stand out 6 mm would be ok.
Unless I can find somewhere that sells them in small quantities though, it will have to carry on with those screwfix fittings.
On 16/08/2017 20:04, Andy Burns wrote:

There is an SDS trade centre at Weir road Wimbledon that sells these. Has anyone bought anything there ?. Do they sell to the public ?.
Andrew wrote:

The about page of their website says
"SDS has been supplying architectural ironmongery to the trade and public from our showrooms in Battersea for over twenty-five years [...] Our new warehouse at 20 Weir Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8UG. All click to collect orders are to be collected from our warehouse."