mould on stippled ceilings

anyone had this problem ? what is the easiest solution? i am going to
get the ceilings re-skimmed but first need to remove this horrible
mould.
i am thinking spray on mould cleaner, but what to clean it off with -
sponges are ruined by the sharp surface.
Reply to
benpost
Before you do that... are you sure that you have found and cured the mould problem?
Otherwise it will just re appear.
Steve
Reply to
Steve
hi it is condensation from the shower, i have bought a better fan for the bathroom (centrifugal not axial), and am going to fit a vent in the door for air to be sucked in. i am fairly sure this should alleviate the problem..
Reply to
benpost
In article , benpost writes
A large (floor sized), stiff scrubbing brush, dip in Sodium Hypochlorite solution (mould killer) and scrub. Protect the floor and wear full body, face and breathing protection. A stiff yard brush will let you do it from the floor but will cover you with caustic spray more effectively.
Reply to
fred
And if you have any change left from £200 for your body armour, face mask, breathing apparatus and various other protective clothing and sheeting etc, spend £1.50 on mould remover from Asda.
Reply to
Phil L
I may get shot down for this but if you are going to have it skimmed, do you really need to remove the mould? especially if the plasterer is probably going to PVA the ceiling anyway.
Reply to
Rednadnerb

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in