kitchen order - can u get a refund?

if you order a kitchen from a diy shop do you have a certaim amount of
time where your allowed to change your mind and get a refund???
Reply to
benpost
In message , benpost writes
Read the T&Cs of the order you signed but basically if you initiated the process & went to their premises where you signed the contract then no. If you've changed your mind then contact them as soon as possible and talk to them.
Reply to
Si
What is the point of asking something like that here?
Why not just get on the phone to your local shop and ask them?
Reply to
graham
Seems like a plan...
Providing the order is just picked off the warehouse shelf and hasn't either been specially made for you or has already been shipped or something, I can't imagine why you shouls have any problem.
David
Reply to
Lobster
In article , benpost writes:
I don't think so, unless the method of ordering comes under the distance selling regulations.
Why do you want to change your mind?
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
well i was originally planning to fit the units myself to try and save money, but now i think id rather get it all done for me, i have a recommended kitchen fitter who has his own trade supply.
i got the quote in store then phoned up to place the order a few days later so have not signed anything.
does this mean its distance selling coz then i get 7 days cooling off.
yeah i know i'm a pain but i'm sure the shop wont go out of business!? lol
Reply to
benpost
No I think that you are distance buying, no one has approached you to try to sell you anything so I am pretty sure the rules don't apply someone on uklegal would advise
Tony
Reply to
TMC
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:20:30 UTC, benpost wrote:
No. Distance selling addresses the situation when you haven't had a chance to inspect the goods. You have, you went to the store.
Reply to
Bob Eager
Why not ask the fitter for a quote to install your choice of kitchen, after all it is only a different carcass, the principle's the same. Although he doesn't get his'mark up' on the materials.
HTH
John
Reply to
John
Where did you buy the kitchen from? If it's from B&Q then I'm sure they will be fine with you cancelling the order - even if it's already been delivered, then I bet they would give you a full refund on it all.
(BTW, I am in no way connected with B&Q!! Just been 100% impressed with their help and service after fitting a kitchen and bathroom from them)
Mark.
Reply to
mark.hannah
mark i ordered from homebase, i havent got any paperwork except for the quote so i'm unsure of the terms. i didnt go in to place the order i phoned up. do you reckon i could cancel it after a few days then i can get my kitchen fitter to sort it all for me- he can get units the next day instead of a 4 week wait. thanks ben
Reply to
benpost
But why get off his arse and do something for himself when he can get 10 different opinions from usenet?
MBQ
Reply to
Man at B&Q
Regardless of how you bought and paid for it, I'm sure they will offer a full refund with no hassles. If they don't...well buy from B&Q next time!
Mark.
Reply to
mark.hannah

Site Timeline Threads