Motion sensative outside light

Most decorate more than once every couple of decades and usually lighting styles and their fixtures change.

It'd be nice if they did last 100+ years.

Even here at work where the lab is getting a serious makeover there's no plans to keep the 1990s light fitting (tubes) , just how many here use floruescant tubes in the kitchen now, most places I see now have downlighters which I don;t really like.

Reply to
whisky-dave

quite. Did anyone claim they were, or are you just making stuff up again?

Not usually

Reply to
tabbypurr

funny how that works. People buy junk, get fed up with it after 10 years and replace it with more junk. Rinse & repeat. While those that know what they're doing buy something satisfactory & keep it for life. And no surprise, in time it becomes the most desirable lighting around. Some of course short circuit that process & buy good very old fittings.

they do. Assuming you don't buy idiot designs.

Lab lighting is very different to domestic

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That's neat, I also like the colour temperature switch that lets you adjust to your decor in situ without having to faff around with different bulbs.

Reply to
newshound

So why believe all LEDs have the same life expectancy.

Yes if yuo expect LED's to last 5+ years take a look at the capacitors in the encapsulated lights, I had one fail last week, the LEDs still work though, they come on whehn cold but as the LED lamp heats up they start flickering then go off, then a while later they flicker on again this is a sign that the caps are drying out as they do all all capacitors over time. This LED lamp is in a hallway and has been there since about 2006, so it's not done bad one failed last year similar fashion, all 4 LEDs flash that shows it NOT a single LED that has gone faulty.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes they do that is how most people live.

No they don't well perhaps royalty, stately homes might do. do you really think people take their light switches with them when they move.

Do you also buy a car for life the best car you can possibley afford and keep it for 50+ years ?

Do most only buy one house and live in it forever ?

and most don't. Most also have to upgrade their electrics, not everyone has bought the best quality bulb and still has that running on DC for the last 50+ years. Some of us have even replpaced our underwear in the last decade destite perhaps buying into armarni boxers. Not everyone is fooled into paying £1000 for a pair of shoe guarrenteed for life.

I bet they buy 100 year old cars too, and have a coal shed to suply their central heating.

So how come LED's bulbs in the home are so popular, when gas lighting was fine 100 years ago.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yup, that was quite nice... went for the "middle" position which is quite "white" (similar to LV halogen), but not full on "daylight".

Reply to
John Rumm

I've no idea why you believe that. I doubt anyone else does. Certainly no-one claimed to.

depends on the LEDs

and?

you're trying to draw across the board conclusions from a sample of 1 again?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

doubt it, but what has that to do with luminaire life expectancy?

Very few do. Those that do end up with a valuable stylish car.

and that has what to do with the life expectancy of luminaires?

we know this. don't we?

and that has what to do with the life expectancy of luminaires?

what has the life of short lived goods got to do with the life expectancy of luminaires?

and that has what to do with the life expectancy of luminaires?

who? The house we put 1930s lighting in has either a century old car nor coal heating.

can you not work that out yourself? Gas lighting was never fine anyway.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

How many people take light bulbs with them when they move house ? Most dont; buy just for luminaire life expectancy, they go by what fits the socket and then they type or style.

If they don't use it much. But for most people they buy cars to use and sell second hand.

So you don;t leave a hous ebecause yup've bought expensive luminaire life expectancy bulbs.

Yes.

you sound like wodney.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You seem to have forgotten the topic. I don't mind.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've not forgotten, perhaps yuo decided to change it to warrenties and how useful they are.

Reply to
whisky-dave