OT Engineers

Cribbed off the internet. Engineers.
Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one sa id, "Where did you get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to t he ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes p robably wouldn't have fit you anyway."
Understanding Engineers #2 To the optimist, the glass is half-full. To the pessimist, the glass is hal f-empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Understanding Engineers #3 A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particul arly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!" The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!" The priest said, "Here comes the greens-keeper. Let's have a word with him. " He said, "Hello George, What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always l et them play for free anytime!." The group fell silent for a moment. The priest said, "That's so sad. I thin k I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist collea gue and see if there's anything she can do for them." The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"
Understanding Engineers #4 What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers? Me chanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build targets.
Understanding Engineers #5 The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?" The graduate w ith an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?" The graduate with an ac counting degree asks, "How much will it cost?" The graduate with an arts de gree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"
Understanding Engineers #6 Three engineering students were gathered together discussing who must have designed the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer, Just look at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has ma ny thousands of electrical connections." The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"
Understanding Engineers #7 Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers belie ve that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
Understanding Engineers #8 An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and s aid, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay wit h you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want." Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into hi s pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want . Why won't you kiss me?" The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfrie nd, but a talking frog - now that's cool."
Yes well, around here at least, Civil Engineers who design the built environment and public realm, firstly love to invent new ways to describe what they do and secondly spend their days playing an old computer game called little Computer People inside their virtual designs, and cannot understand why, when they are built the place is littered with maimed and dead pedestrians an cyclists. Brian
--
----- --
On 11/08/2019 08:43, harry wrote:

Old ones, but still raise a smile.