Moron needs work

Can't say I ever watched more than a couple of the Black Adder programmes. So he played Baldric did he? You don't suppose he got his roles mixed up?

I was thinking more of the abject lies the theme of the programme was running on:

How chickens were supposed to be holy and stealing birds eggs at the sea side was the only way of making them last, forgetting that gull's eggs were harvested until very recently in every town that had them but that such harvests were only seasonal.

Forgetting too even more recent events such as that the eggs he was sent to collect were planted there by blokes whose idea of entertainment was dangling over cliffs on ropes.

But back to the aspect of posting about ploughing one's own 2 or 3 acres or grinding ones own corn for a family of 12 and the terrible time such drudgery would take:

He showed a team of 2 oxen, one expert ploughman and two herdsmen dealing with an inept beginner on his first attemp at ploughing a field that had never seen a plough. Which total moron had the last words on the subject to the effect that the serf was condemned to this drudgery all year long.

He had a farm with pigs and chicken which if anyone knows anything about pigs and chickens will know that the fields would be pretty much tilth by February even if the pig was dead by January.

Grinding the corn, an onerous job for a busy mother of twelve would take

3 hours. Of course, that three hours spread over 24 could be done by any one of whichever twelve was not watching TV or playing Waste My Time on the computer or studying A level psychology in their bedroom.

Even to this day it is possible to get enough to eat on any seashore in the United Kingdom just by reaching out and picking up some of God's bounty. How much easier life must have been when there were no taxes and no fuel controls and a man could walk half a mile anywhere in any direction to be in a deep wood with enough food and fuel to keep him alive indefinitely? There are people living in the Arctic circle to this very day living off the land quite handsomely.

The man's a prat and the programme ill thought out and stupidly presented.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Well I suppose the old saying, its takes one to know one, has been vindicated.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

It's about what you would expect from somonene who is a member of the labour party.

It's just another bit of political spin showing what will happen If You Let The Toffs From Snotty Unis Back In.

Hopwever you should be aware that arcahelogical studies of some bodies in the dark ages does show that possibly slaves were used to grind corn all day and they died young completely crippled from arthritis.

Life was not an idle thing in those days, but as you saty the daily round of feedingf pigs and doing woodwork, weeding planting etc etc is not without its moments - that quick fumble with ethelfreda behind the cow shed..or brewing the mead. Bit like Big Brother in rags really.

and the programme ill thought out and stupidly

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Tone is just pi**ed(*) off because Rowan is a millionaire and he's still an egg-dangler looking for a better agent.

(*)Next week (allegedly) he's literally tramping about in a vat of pee! (I kid U knot!), but I don't know why......

Reply to
mike